Tea lovers of the world! Looking for a smoothie with a little kick to it to start your morning off right? Maybe you’re looking for a smoothie to bring a little calm to your day. Here’s three smoothie recipes that take all the benefits of tea, and mix them up to make a smoothie you’ll be craving morning, noon, or night!
Energizing Yerba Mate Smoothie
Maca has been used traditionally by Peruvians for thousands of years to energize. Add yerba maté tea and Vega One for energy to tackle anything on your to-do list.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened milk alternative
- 1 cup unsweetened yerba maté tea (chilled)
- 1 serving Vega One French Vanilla
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 2 ice cubes
- Brew cup yerba maté tea and let chill.
- Add all ingredients in order, to a blender a blend until smooth.
- Pour, drink and enjoy!
Chai Green Tea Smoothie
Oh chai, morning! Nice to see you there. Thanks to a little bit of caffeine in green tea, and heat from chai spice, we’re ready to take on today.
- 1 cup green tea, chilled
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup ice
- 1 serving Vega One Vanilla Chai
- ½ inch ginger root
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- Blend until smooth in a high powered blender. Enjoy.
Chamomile Tea Smoothie
Chamomile tea has been traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve mild digestive disturbances (bye bye bloating), as well as to help calm nerves and make sleep easier.1
Chilled chamomile tea makes a fantastic base to a smoothie, and even though it has served well as a night-time tummy-tamer, it’s also great for anytime of the day. After a stressful meeting or strenuous activity, use chamomile in the base of a smoothie to help soothe the nervous system and ease digestion.
- 1 cup chilled chamomile tea (brewed for 5 minutes)
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup ice
- 1 serving Vega One Natural
- Steep chamomile tea for 5 minutes and chill.
- Add chilled tea and rest of ingredients to blender, blend, and serve.