Pick a time of day that works for you, and whether its morning or evening, stick to it.You don’t have to spend hours at the gym to achieve results. With a little bit of hard work and dedication, we you can tone up and slim you down in a few weeks. The first thing you want to do it target the areas that you want to work on. By picking a specific area of your body to work on, it gives you a goal that is much easier to attain. Shaping up certain areas are more attainable when they’re broken down into smaller steps.
It is also recommends before starting any diet, throwing out or donating all of your junk food is key. 4 things that Smith recommends to have in your kitchen:
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables
2. Mixed nuts
3. Almond, skim, or whole milk
4. Juices (cranberry, apple, pineapple), which should be 100 percent juice and not from concentrate
Eliminating any type of sweets or indulgences from your diet, you’re depriving yourself and you might actually give up on your diet all together.
Improve Your Physique in Less Than 30 Minutes
It is recommended doing each move for 30 seconds, followed by 30 seconds of walking in circles to bring your heart rate down. After completing all seven exercises, rest for one minute. Repeat the circuit two to three times.
Do you 5 minutes of arm circles, walks, half squats and any other moves that cause you to bend and stretch your arms and legs.
This move really challenges the core without hurting the spine, and also works the hips, glutes and upper body.
1. Start in a high plank position, with palms on the ground underneath the shoulders , arms straight, toes tucked under, quads and abs engaged and head aligned with your spine. Bend your left knee and bring your left foot up toward the outside of your left hand.
2. Step the left foot back to meet the right foot.
3. Repeat the move with your right foot.
Push – Ups
Take as much time as you need to perform 5 pushups in one session (resting in between). At your next session, try to perform 2 or 3 continuous pushups and work your way up to 5 pushups without stopping.
Try one of these tough pushup variations:
(a) feet stacked on each other, (b) feet on a Swiss ball, (c) hands on a Swiss ball or (d) one hand on a med ball.
1. Start seated on mat with bent knees and feet flat on the mat. Palms are faced up on the side of knees. Lean back until your spine is at 45-degree angle and straighten legs and arms up in front of you so you are a v-shape.
2. With a very tight core lower your back and legs a few inches so you are shaped more line a canoe.
3. On the next breath, exhale to pull back up to the v-shape. Repeat for desired number of reps.
In order to do this exercise, squat down and power up with an explosive jump tucking the knees up toward the abdomen. Hold the hands out in front of you and try to hit your knees each time you jump. Perform 20 times.
To modify this, alternate stepping right and left bringing the knees up to the hands placed in front of the torso. Do 20 repetitions on each side.
1. Start in a side plank position on your right forearm with left arm extended. Hold for 10 seconds, then roll into a normal plank position on both forearms.
2. Lift your left foot slightly off the floor, hold for 10 seconds, then repeat with right foot. Roll into a side plank on your left forearm, holding for 10 seconds. Rest and repeat the entire thing 10 times.
For those of you that have ever taken my group exercise classes you know that jump roping is one of my favorite activities!
If you don’t have a jump rope, thats okay, just pretend. Make sure to get your arms moving and just keep jumping! Go for 100 jumps!