According to a study published in the Journal of Neuroscience, the botulinum toxin injected into the face from the popular drug Botox can move into the brain, where it may cause damage to the central nervous system. Botox is a neurotoxin that is made from botulinum toxin A, part of the same family of poisons as botulism, a common cause of fatal food poisoning.
And did you know that it has been classified as a category A substance by the centre of disease control and poses a very serious risk as a biological weapon? Its potency far exceeds that of VX: the most toxic nerve gas ever synthesised.
So instead of dangerous surgical procedures and injections, turn to natural treatments to ease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Better Than Botox Anti-Wrinkle Facial Scrub
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon raw Manuka honey
- 1 drop of clove essential oil
- 1 drop o frankincense essential oil (WHERE TO FIND)
- 1 drop of geranium essential oil
- Mix the baking soda and honey together until it looks like a paste. Add one drop each of clove, geranium and frankincense essential oils.
- Place a warm washcloth over your face and hold on skin for a minute or so to open up your pores.
- Gently rub it onto your skin and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing off.
- Rinse off with warm water.