Shoulder joint enjoys an excellent mobility due to muscle and tendons network that surrounds it.An individual may experience shoulder pain on a frequent basis as a result of work pressure and tension. Further, shoulder pain can also be caused by bursitis, fracture, arthritis ,frozen shoulder. Common symptoms of shoulder pain include swelling, stiffness and pain and can also result in neck pain.The shoulder should be treated before movements become difficult and painful.
Here are some treatments that would be useful:
- Applied cold compress is very effective in relieving from shoulder pain;
- Do cold compresses by filling ice in plastic bags and then wrapping the ice filled bag with a towel;
- Apply the towel to the area affected for a few minutes to calm your shoulder pain.
Massage is a good way to reduce shoulder pain. A smooth massage help your shoulder muscles release stress and tension and will improve blood circulation and reduce swelling and stiffness.
- For massaging, you can use olive or coconut;
- Warm the oil slightly and apply it on the shoulder;
- Gently squeeze the shoulder muscles and apply pressure as well to relieve pain and encourage blood flow;
- Massage for about 10 minutes, then put a warm towel on the affected area for best results.
- Repeat a few times daily until the pain subsides.
A towel soaked in warm water can be applied on the affected shoulder to reduce the swelling and pain.
You can massage the affected shoulder with garlic oil to reduce the pain. Garlic can also be boiled in olive oil . This mixture can be applied regularly on the affected shoulder to reduce the pain.
5.Apple Cider Vinegar Apple
Cider vinegar is very effective in treating shoulder pain as it possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reducing the intensity of pain and reducing swelling, if is associated with shoulder pain. You can use it by ingesting it with hot water .
A gentle massage can be comforting to help relieve shoulder pain. Epsom salt can be used to reduce inflammation of the skin,. You can put these principles to good use by incorporating epsom salt into a massage.
- Mix 1 cup of water into 1 cup of epsom salt and gently massage it into the skin on your shoulders.
- You can incorporate this into the beginning of your shower routine and follow up with cleansing and rinsing your shoulders with warm water.
7.Lemon and Honey
Regular consumption of a mixture of lemon and honey can reduce shoulder pain. You can prepare a mixture by adding lemon juice and honey in warm water. It is advisable to consume this mixture after each meal .