Stretch marks are not a real health problem but these are some visible lines on your skin. They will appear mainly on the abdominal area and also on thighs, breast, buttocks and upper arm. These stretch marks will form when the connective tissue stretched beyond its flexibility due to contraction or expansion of the skin.
Then they results in fine scars on the top layer of the skin and at last seen like a stretch marks. Generally stretch marks will form on the middle layer of the skin called dermis and they appear like pink, red or purple marks then over time they fade to thin silvery white or gray color. Stretch marks are commonly found in the pregnant women and for other people who have sudden gain or loss in weight, stress, growing rapidly, heredity problem, changes in physical conditions, etc.
Unfortunately stretch marks can’t be removed completely but when you follow these home remedies you can fade the marks and make them to visible slightly.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks:
Try these best natural home remedies which are prepared at home with simple kitchen ingredients.
Sugar which is naturally white will be used to exfoliate your skin and give relief from the stretch marks. Sugar scrub is packed with essential fatty acids which help to prevent the stretch marks. This sugar scrub will increase the blood flow to your stretch marks and also adds moisture to that area.
- Take one tablespoon of raw sugar and add few drops of almond oil and lemon juice.
- Stir it well and apply it on your stretch marks and gently rub this on your skin for at least 10 minutes
- Do this process every day before taking the shower for a month and see that your stretch marks will become lighter and your skin will also grow brighter.
2 Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory and natural healing properties. It helps in smoothing and repairing scarred skins. Aloe vera not only cures or removes but also prevents it from reoccurring again. Aloe vera is very rich in essential nutrients and active compounds which are useful in treatment of minor burns, cuts and scars.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel from the leaf
- Rub it directly on the stretch affected area of the skin
- Leave it on for few minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat it continuously to get rid of the problem.
3 Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E as it helps to soften the skin and reduce your appearance of the existing stretch marks and also helps to prevent the new forming.
- First of all, wash your stretch mark area or take bath with hot water which helps to open up the skin pores for better absorption.
- Then take few drops of olive oil and rub it on the stretch mark affected skin in circular motion.
- It will help to improve the blood circulation and reduces the stretch marks.
- Or you can take a dry, clean wash cloth and soak it in olive oil and wipe out the excess oil and apply it on the stretch mark affected skin.
- Leave it on for few minutes until the area becomes dry and repeat the same process for twice a day to get rid of the stretch marks.
- Repeat it continuously to get complete relief from the stretch marks to get lighter than the normal.
Lemons will exfoliate your skin to remove the dead skin cells which helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Lemon is a natural acidic fruit which can bleach the skin and reduce the redness of the stretch marks and makes it less visible.
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze it to extract its juice
- Then rub this lemon juice over the area where stretch marks are found in circular motion
- Let it be on the skin for at least 10 minutes to soak.
- Finally rinse it off with warm water.
- This lemon remedy has to be repeated for few days until the stretch marks are lightened.
- Take equal quantities of lemon juice and cucumber juice
- Mix these well and apply this mixture on the stretch marks
- Leave it on for few minutes to get dry
- Wash it with lukewarm water and repeat this regularly to get rid of the stretch marks.
While potatoes are a big no-no for your diet due to its carb content, the juice in them actually contains vitamins and minerals that are great for your skin restoration. Potatoes help restore and grow skin cells, which will make your stretch marks less noticeable.
- Cut potato into thick slices
- Take one thick piece and gently rub it on the skin for a few minutes
- Let it dry and wash it off with warm water
6 Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is an emollient which helps to soften and smoothes your skin and can break up the scar tissues of the stretch marks and also avoids the new forming.
- Take small amount of cocoa butter and apply it by massaging it for 5 – 10 minutes over the stretch mark affected skin.
- Leave it on like this to get dry and moisturized.
- Repeat the same process for twice a day for at least one or two months so that the marks will be less visible.
7 Egg Whites
Egg whites are rich in proteins and amino acids which help to repair the stretched skin and makes it less visible. Proteins will help to smooth and clear your skin from the dirt.
- Take two eggs and separate egg white from the yolks of eggs.
- Whip the white with a fork and also clean your stretch mark area with water
- Then apply this egg white mixture to your stretch marks and let it dry on the applied skin for about 5 – 10 minutes
- Rinse it with cool water and pat your skin dry using a wash cloth.
- Finally massage with some amount of olive oil on the stretch marks affected area, so that it hydrates the skin and also improves the quality of collagen to repair the stretch mark affected skin to lessen its visibility.
- Daily repeat the process for at least two weeks to watch the results.
Coconut acts as a great skin moisturizer as it deeply absorbs and has small molecules which quickly penetrate into the skin. This will helps to retain the elasticity and suppleness. It not only acts as a moisturizer but also contains full of anti oxidants that will fight against the free radicals and boost up your immune system and allows the circulation of blood to all over the body. It removes the stretch marks by making them less visible when applied on the skin.
- Take few drops of coconut oil and apply it on the stretch marks affected area
- Rub it gently to get absorbed by the body.
- Regular massage of this oil over the affected skin will helps to get rid of the stretch marks problem
- Continue doing this process for 2 – 3 times a day for at least 15 days to see the results.
- Take few drops of coconut oil and add few drops of tea tree oil
- Mix it well and apply this on the stretch mark affected area
- Repeat this coconut applying regularly on the stretched marks affected area to prevent the stretch marks and also new forming.
- You can also use shea butter, baby oil, and other essential oils like avocado oil, emu oil, etc. in place of coconut oil to get rid of the stretch marks.
Coffee is an excellent remedy for stretch marks removal. It contains a chemical which helps to lighten the scars and tighten the skin.
- Grind some beans of coffee into un smooth texture and make it like fine paste by adding warm water to it.
- Or you can take the coffee ground directly from your coffee machine and here is no need to add water.
- Then add aloe vera gel to it and mix it well.
- Apply this paste all over your stretch marks and rub it for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Wipe it with a warm cloth or towel for at least 15 – 20 minutes
- Wash your skin with normal water and apply olive oil or any oil or moisturizer for best results.
- Repeating this daily for a month will helps to get rid of the stretch marks.