If you are someone that has used waxing in the past, consider sugaring. In the process, the wax is replaced with a sugar and honey mixture.
Hair sugaring is a process that can be used quite beneficially for hair removal. If you are someone that has used waxing in the past, consider sugaring. In the process, the wax is replaced with a sugar and honey mixture. It is sticky and works very much like that of waxing. And, it can produce the same results. But, it is organic in nature and it has the ability to give you an easier clean up too. Sugaring is a process of extracting hair from the follicle.
Although hair sugaring is a messy process the results of doing it can last upwards of two to six weeks. You can use it throughout the body since it is a natural product and see results. Many individuals find it most beneficial to the bikini line as well as to the upper lip. When the hair is removed, it will grow back. But, many people have found that it will grow back at a much lighter and finer way and it is like that it will not be nearly as thick either.
What To Use
You can actually use a homemade solution of hair sugaring and get great results. Here’s what you should use:
– One Cup Sugar
– Juice from half of a lemon
– One fourth cup of honey
Mix these well and then microwave on high for about two to three minutes. You are looking for a smooth consistency. Leave the bowl standing for several minutes to cool to a safe temperature.
Now, you will need to get some white cotton cloth in strips (or use store bought waxing papers) as well as wooden tongue depressors to apply the mixture. Here’s what to do:
– Clean skin and make sure that it is completely dry. No soap or body lotions should be used in the area.
– Apply cornstarch to the area. This will draw out the oils that are within your skin making the procedure work even better.
– Use the tongue depressor to apply a thin layer of the mixture over the area that you will want the hair removed from.
– Cover the area with a cloth strip. Rub the strip so that it is firmly in place. Do this with moderate pressure and in the opposite direction of the hairs growth.
– Grab the end of the strip and pull it back quickly in the opposite direction of the hair’s growth.
– Wash the area with water to remove the sugary mixture.
Like waxing, the area may be sensitive and red for a few minutes but this is a temporary situation. You will find it to be one that you can deal with if you want great looking hair removal at a very low cost. Hair sugaring is a procedure that can be done within a few minutes and can be repeated as necessary.