A large percentage of the U.S. population experiences chronic sleep disorders. Some of them usually experience sleep apnea, night terrors, sleep disturbances, or insomnia.
Moreover, sleep apnea is one of the most serious sleep disorders. While sleeping, the person may experience interrupted breathing, thus resulting in sleep apnea. If left untreated, this condition can interfere with breathing during sleep. It can also lead to insufficient oxygen flow to the brain and other body parts.
This sleep disorder occurs in 2 different forms, such as:
– Central sleep apnea occurs when the brain fails to signal the muscles to breathe as a result of respiratory control center instability.
– Obstructive sleep apnea, which occurs more frequently than the other type. In addition, it is typically triggered by an airway blockage.
Certain Factors Can Increase Your Risk of Sleep Apnea, Including:
- Nasal obstruction as a result of allergies, a deviated septum, or sinus issues
- Excess weight
- Having a small jaw bone, large tonsils, or a large tongue
- Having a large neck size (16 inches in women and 17 inches in men)
- Sex (men are more frequently affected by the condition)
- Age (being over the age of 40)
- A family history of sleep apnea
However, here is a simple and safe method to treat any sleep disorder and enhance your sleep. The only thing you should do is place one of these plants into your bedroom:
This plant has relaxing properties that are extremely powerful. Furthermore, it has been used for years due to its ability to lower stress and anxiety and slow heart rate. What’s more, lavender can also provide a calm atmosphere in your bedroom, thus improving your sleep!
– Snake Plant
As it can release a great amount of oxygen throughout the day, snake plant purifies the air as well as helps you breathe more easily.
– Aloe Vera
It can release plenty of oxygen into the air, so you should place in your bedroom. In this way, you can fight any sleep disorder and get a good night’s sleep.
– English Ivy
This plant can improve the quality of air in your home. That’s not all, it is also considered to be one of the easiest plants to grow. Additionally, it can decrease airborne mold by up to 94%. English ivy has an ability to purify the air by absorbing the toxins and releasing oxygen. Therefore, it can improve breathing and sleep quality.