Take a few minutes to warm up. Perform each move for about 30 seconds, take a short break if you need it , then perform the next move. Repeat the entire sequence several times for an excellent sexy legs workout.
1. Basic squat: Begin standing with your feet hip-width apart and your toes pointing directly in front of you. The key is to keep your knees in line with your ankles and your weight on your heels as you bend at the knees, not at the waist, like you’re sitting in a chair. If you look down, you should be able to see and wiggle your toes throughout the execution of a squat. If you can’t see those toes, you need to sit back further during the implementation of the squat. If you have a full-length mirror handy, go ahead and check yourself out! If you’re having trouble, start standing against a wall with a burst resistant exercise ball behind your back..
2. Alternating forward lunges: Stand with legs together, hands on hips, and chest lifted. Step forward with the right leg into a lunge position, trying to keep front knee over front ankle. Repeat on the left leg, and continue to alternate.
3. Calf Raises: Just rise up onto your tippy toes and lower back down to a flat foot position. Do this with your feet parallel and together, then with heels together and toes apart and then with feet hip width apart.
4. Curtsy lunges: Stand with legs a few inches apart, nice and tall, hands on hips. Step right leg back and to the side into a “curtsy”-style lunge. Bring leg forward and repeat on the other side, alternating.
5. In-n-outs: Stand with your feet together and sit back a bit. Jack legs in and out as quickly as you can. Modification: Take one leg to the side at a time.
6. Donkey and fire hydrant combo: Come onto all fours with wrists underneath shoulders and knees underneath hips. Try to maintain a stable upper body as you drive the right leg up toward the sky (keeping knee bent) back down and then out to the side (fire hydrant, like a dog lifting its leg).
7. In-n-out bridges: On your back, bend knees and move feet wider than hip-width apart. Peel up your tailbone coming into a bridge position, keeping shoulders, neck, and head relaxed and on mat. Open knees as wide as you comfortably can and then close knees together as you engage glutes. Open and close with resistance. When done, lower down bone by bone and hug knees into chest for a little break.
8. Clams: Lie on your right side, head relaxed into your hand and stack hips. Bend knees 90 degrees in front of you and keep feet together as you open and close your knees. Keep body stable and avoid “rocking” around with the upper body. Repeat sequence on one side, stretch, then repeat on other side.
9. Split Squat
Stand 2 to 3 feet in front of a bench with top of left foot on bench. Keeping abs tight, bend right leg and lower until front thigh is parallel to ground. Keep front knee behind toes and don’t lean forward. Press back to standing.