Rosacea or acne rosacea is a type of skin inflammation that affects the face. Rosacea is caused when clusters of facial capillaries near the surface of the skin become dilated. The result is a red, inflamed look, usually found on the nose, forehead, cheeks and chin. Other symptoms of rosacea may include a red, enlarged nose , the appearance of small and red facial veins, a tendency to blush or flush easily, and a burning and irritated sensation in the eyes. Your skin can become extremely dry and itchy. Facial swelling or edema may accompany other signs of rosacea. Triggers that cause episodes of flushing and blushing play a part in the development of rosacea. Common triggers include sun exposure, emotional stress, hot weather, wind, heavy exercise, and alcohol consumption. Medications can also cause acne rosacea. Rosacea appears as red, spidery veins on the cheeks or nose and in later stages skin becomes inflamed and then acne may develop.
Natural Treatments Rosacea
Rosacea causes the skin to appear red. This is a chronic skin disease which is very common to women. Usually it occurs during at the age of 30 up to 60 years old. This is not just affecting women but as well as men. For some reasons, the symptoms are more severe in men compared to that experienced by women. The logic behind this is that men tend to ignore the disease and only seek treatment when they have severe symptoms already. There are some natural treatments rosacea patients need in order to combat this chronic skin disease.
Treating rosacea naturally requires you to know the symptoms and most especially the triggers which cause rosacea to flare-up. Thus, you need to avoid these triggers in order to lessen the risks of having rosacea flare-ups.
Stress is among these triggers. You are facing different situations everyday be it in school, home, or office. Some of these cause you to become stress. One of the ways to deal with t is by doing the things that you love. Turn your focus to your hobbies. This will help you forget about the things that cause stress.
Hot and spicy foods and beverages such as alcohol are also on the list. This will need you to have discipline. You need this in order to help yourself avoid such foods and beverages.
Exercise is good for the health but overdoing it is a big no to rosacea patients. Thus, you should do moderate exercise to avoid flare-ups.
Here are some natural rosacea treatments and home remedies to get rid of rosacea.
1. Drink fenugreek tea to treat skin problems like brown spots, acne, and rosacea red face. This is one of the best home remedies for rosacea treatment. Fenugreek helps aid the skin in repairing itself from the effects of rosacea. You should notice an improvement in your rosacea symptoms within 2 weeks.
2. Lavender oil is best for rosacea treatment and other skin ailments such as rashes and blemishes on skin. Mix several drops of lavender essential oil with a carrier oil such as almond oil. Gently rub the oil onto the face using your fingertips. Jojoba oil is another essential oil that is effective for reducing facial redness.
3. The use of camphor oil is quite prevalent as a treatment for rosecea. Apply diluted camphor oil on the affected skin area every day until the affliction disappears. Camphor eliminates the demodicid mites that often infect areas of the skin affected by acne rosacea. It is also well known for its antimicrobial, analgesic, and soothing properties.
4. Vitamin E’s antioxidant properties can help prevent skin damage and can help get rid of rosacea red face. Apply Vitamin E in its oil form as a topical solution to calm skin irritation. You can also take Vitamin E capsules daily to reduce the inflammation and redness associated with rosacea.
5. Oatmeal can be used to get rid of rosacea. Oatmeal is possibly the best rosacea treatment because it acts as an anti-inflammatory, helping to bring down the redness caused by your rosacea. Also, the moisturizing property of oatmeal can help tally the itching sensation of rosacea infected skin. Make a rosacea mask at home by mixing oatmeal with water and lemon juice. Lightly smooth the oatmeal paste onto the dry face using your fingertips. This rosacea mask will hydrate the skin, calm the redness, and soothe the irritation and itching during rosacea flare-ups.
6. One of the best ways to treat rosacea naturally is using green tea cream. This type of facial cream is particularly useful in patients who have bumps known as pustules along with the redness. Green tea cream contains 2 percent polyphenon E that helps to cure rosacea. Apply the cream twice a day for reducing rosacea facial redness.
7. To reduce redness caused by acne rosacea, the skin should stay cool and calm. Applying cucumber extract or pulp right to your skin helps reduce redness and provides the skin with a cooling effect. Drinking cucumber juice will also help to get rid of rosacea redness on face.
8. Turmeric in its powder form is useful as a treatment for rosacea. Prepare a paste by adding some water in turmeric powder. Apply it on face and gently scrub it after it dries. Follow this procedure on a regular basis to help cure rosacea symptoms.
9. Some supplements have also been identified as potential rosacea home remedies. Vitamins C and B stimulate the immune system, preventing breakouts and inflammation. Zinc and selenium supplements reduce skin rashes and redness and to stimulate the immune system. Rosemary, proteolytic enzymes, L-cysteine, kelp, evening primrose oil, borage seed and yellow dock root may be helpful supplements in treating your rosacea and improving the health and integrity of your skin.
10. Prepare a mixture by adding 1 teaspoon each of aloe vera gel and honey in a tablespoon of licorice powder. Apply this mixture on face for about 15 minutes and then wash it off to get rid of rosacea. Also apply an aloe based moisturizer to heal rosacea redness on face naturally at home.
11. Apply a cold compress to reduce facial flushing and redness. It serves as one of the most effective natural rosacea treatments as it helps ease the skin from swelling and inflammation.