Pilates weight loss when it comes to burning fat and sculpting a beautiful body line comes in second to know. The benefits for women that you get out of it such as being able to burn off fat you don’t want are what make it such a great weight loss method to try no matter what physical condition you are in.
Pilates is between yoga and ballet, so you will work out your body and mind in the same time. Not only that you will have a nice body but also you will be more relaxed with more energy.
What is Pilates exercise?
Before we talk about exercise, let’s break into the negative effects that stress has on your body. Above and beyond the mental side of things, there have been cases of stress affecting the immune system making it easy to catch a cold. That means time spend recovering from unwanted sickness when you could be spending your time doing other things
Is Pilates good for weight loss?
Pilates Exercise helps build flexibility and sculpt your body line while giving you’re the weight loss benefits you can count on. Simply performing the poses performed in Pilates exercise is said to untie knotted muscles exercising.
For people worrying about how age is going to affect their appearance and fitness, figure shaping Pilates may the right amount of antiaging that you need to keep feeling young no matter what age.
Try out these Pilate exercises for a minimum two non-consecutive days in a week to promote weight loss and tone the muscles. One set of exercise with 8 to 10 repetitions of each move is recommended. Basic requirements for performing these Pilates exercises are a mat and stability ball.
This Pilates exercise warms up the body for any Pilates workout.It focuses on the external abdominal muscles at the sides of the waist. This exercise is more effective than the normal crunch.
- Lie on the back and extend the legs at an angle of 45 degrees from the floor.
- Stretch the arms alongside the body, slightly above the mat.
- Lift the head and shoulders while pumping the arms.
- Inhale and exhale for 5 times each for one repetition.
This is the most perfect move of Pilates workout. Roll-up focuses on front sheath of the abs more effectively than the typical crunches.
- Lie on the back and extend the legs flat in front.
- Reach the arms overhead so that the upper arms are up by the ears.
- Inhale and draw the arms up in line with the chin, rolling up the head, neck and shoulders.
- Exhale and continue to roll up until an upright seated position is reached, creating a C-shape with the body.
- Keep the inner thighs squeezed together and avoid letting the legs kick off the mat while rolling.
- Inhale at the top of the movement and exhale while coming down, gently allowing each vertebra to touch the mat in the process.
3. Criss Cross:
This is the best Pilates exercise for weight loss as it creates more muscle activation of external obliques.
- Lie on the back, lift the legs and bend the knees, so that the shins are parallel to the floor.
- Place hands behind the head while lifting the head and shoulders upwards.
- Exhale and twist the upper body so that the right shoulder goes towards the left knee, while you extend the right leg out to 45 degrees.
- Repeating on the other side, completes one repetition.
4. Double Leg Stretch:
Pilate exercises for weight loss are incomplete without double leg stretch. This provides greater activation of obliques, encouraging weight loss and boosting the body metabolism.
- Lie on the back and pull the knees into the chest.
- Lift the head and shoulders, wrap hands around the shin.
- Inhale and extend the arms and legs in the opposite directions.
- The arms should be extended to the ears and the legs should make a 45 degree angle.
- Exhale and pull the knees back towards the chest.
5. Toe Dip:
Toe dip targets the inner abs fat and aids in weight loss. This is one of the simplest and effective workout for beginners.
- Lie on the back with legs up at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Thighs should be straight up, calves parallel to the mat and hands to the sides.
- Squeeze the abs and press the lower back towards the floor.
- Inhale and lower the left leg, move only from the hip and dip the toes towards the floor without touching the floor.
- Exhale and raise the leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat the entire sequence with the right leg and do 12 repetitions.
6. Leg Kick:
Leg kick is another Pilates exercise for strengthening the hamstring muscles and also induces weight loss.
- Lie on the left side with the legs straight together so that the body forms a long line.
- Rest on the left elbow and forearm, lift the ribs off the floor and move the head towards the ceiling.
- Place the right hand lightly on the floor in the front for balancing.
- Raise the right leg to hip level and move the foot so that the toes point forward.
- Exhale while kicking, swinging the right leg forward.
- Inhale while pointing the toes and swinging the leg back, past the left leg.
- Repeat the sequence for 6 times without lowering the leg.
- Then change the side and repeat.
This exercise helps to enhance the lateral mobility of the spine and also works on the muscles to promote weight loss.
- Sit on the left hip with the left leg bent in front and the left hand beneath the shoulder.
- Place the right foot flat on the floor just ahead to the left foot, so that the right knee points to the ceiling.
- Rest the right arm on the right knee.
- Squeeze in the abs, press into the left hand and lift the hips off the mat.
- While coming to the left knee, straighten the right leg and raise the right arm over the head, so that they all come in a straight line.
- Hold on for 10 to 30 seconds and then lower and repeat on the other side.