At this time of the year, when the weather is much colder, we are more prone to illnesses of any kind. The common cold is typically manifested by runny nose, sore throat, headaches, and an ear infection.
The good news is that there is a home remedy which provides relief for the ear infection in no time. This remedy, which was introduced by one doctor, has gone viral and it has been proven to work wonders for the painful ear infection.
All you need for this homemade remedy is a white sock (which doesn’t burn easily as colored socks do) and some Epsom salt. As explained by the doctor, Epsom salt is extremely effective against aches and pain of all kinds, including ear infection. You need enough salt to fill the foot part, which typically takes about a cup of Epsom salt.
- Open and sock and fill the foot part with Epsom salt. It is recommended to use a wide-mouthed funnel in order to prevent any mess while doing this
- When the foot part is filed, tie a knot to the neck of the sock
- Heat the sock over medium-low heat, flipping it back and forth
- Another option is to heat the sock in the microwave, but make sure you heat it for a few minutes only, as the salt can burn very quickly
- When done, put the sock against the affected area and hold for a few minutes. Simple as that!