Wrinkles around the mouth are one of the most noticeable signs of aging in an individual’s face. Aging, smoking, alcohol, and even smiling a lot can contribute to mouth wrinkles. Wrinkles around the mouth, nasolabial folds, or smile lines, indicate the skin has started losing its elasticity and natural collagen, the lack of which leads to wrinkles.
Fortunately, there are ways to reduce smile lines, or laugh lines and wrinkles around mouth. One way to help reduce or prevent laugh lines is to stop laughing altogether. But a much more desirable solution is regular facial exercises, particularly those that target the cheek muscles, to lift the skin and minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Exercise to Get Rid
1.Hook your index fingers inside the corners of your mouth and gently pull out to the sides, no more than 1/4 inch, says the Shape Your Face website. Do this to contract the orbicularis oris muscle, which wraps around your mouth and controls your ability to open and close it, as well as to pucker and press your lips together, says the DataFace website. Hold this position for a few seconds, then, to work the muscle harder, slowly draw the corners of your mouth toward each other, using your fingers as resistance. Relax and repeat, building up to 25 repetitions. Strengthening the orbicularis oris muscle will help to ensure the overlying skin is adequately supported to prevent sagging.
2.Place your fingertips over your laugh lines, apply firm pressure, then smile as widely as you can with your lips separated. Hold for about five seconds, relax and aim for up to 30 repetitions. Smiling under resistance will strengthen the cheek muscles and lift your skin, minimizing the creases–or laugh lines–around your mouth.
3.Place your thumbs near the corners of your eyes, with your fingers resting on top of your head. Close your eyes tightly and then slide your thumbs firmly away from your eyes toward your temples. This action should draw the corners of your eyes outward and slightly up, although you won’t see because your eyes should remain closed. Relax and repeat 10 times. When you laugh, your cheeks naturally push up, causing the skin around your eyes to wrinkle. This exercise will combat this effect.
1. Egg white is a great facial mask to help tighten the skin around mouth and to remove smile lines. Apply egg whites mixed with coconut oil to the laugh lines and let it dry before rinsing off. This facial mask helps maintain the elasticity of your skin around mouth and will remove nasolabial fold, smile lines, and sagging skin around mouth. The coconut oil works as a moisturizer and prevents skin dehydration as well.
2.Cut a lemon in half and dab it around your mouth or apply lemon juice to your laugh lines. This is one of the best ways to get rid of deep smile lines around the mouth naturally. The acid in the lemon juice will help to tighten up your sagging skin around mouth, which can help eliminate the smile wrinkles that are caused by age. The high concentration of Vitamin-C in lemon helps neutralize free radicals.
3. Olive oil is a very effective natural skin care oil for removing smile lines and facial wrinkles. olive oil hydrates and returns the lost moisture to your skin. Mix a few drops of lemon in it while massaging the skin around mouth. It will make your face radiant, bright and wrinkle-free.
4.Massage coconut oil to the affected area, daily before going to bed. Coconut oil is a natural antioxidant and moisturizer that will plump wrinkles and ward off the free radicals that cause future smile lines. You can even mix in vitamin E into the coconut oil for treating smile lines.
5. Vitamin E is very effective for treating the saggy wrinkled skin around mouth and nasolabial folds. Dab the vitamin E oil gently around your mouth to prevent and reduce smile lines and sagging skin around mouth. Remain it on for 10 minutes and wash it off using warm water.
6. Applying juice of green pineapples and apples on the face every day for 10-15 minutes is an effective home remedy to remove deep wrinkles around mouth and smile lines. You can soak a cotton ball in pineapple juice and then rub it on the nasolabial folds to remove deep wrinkles around mouth and laugh lines. Pineapple is rich in antioxidants and is a fruit known for its anti-aging effects. To exfoliate dead skin cells around mouth, mix equal parts green pineapple and apple juice and apply this on face as face mask. It will help get rid of smile lines and dull skin naturally.
7. Reduce your smile lines by drinking a glass of pomegranate juice every day. You can even try applying pomegranate oil on your wrinkles around mouth as a daily moisturizer for better results.
8. Bananas are a readily available and cheap natural anti-aging remedy. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around mouth. Take 1 ripe banana and mash it to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the wrinkles around the mouth. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow it with some skin moisturizer. Using this remedy twice per week will rejuvenate your skin and treat wrinkles in a natural manner.
9. Another natural way to get rid of laugh lines is to use aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel is a very effective skin hydrating agent and could be used for smile line treatment. Get fresh aloe vera gel from the leaf and apply lightly to the deep wrinkles around mouth. You can also apply aloe vera gel to delicate skin around your eyes to reduce under eye wrinkles and crows feet.