The peeling skin problem is seen in those who are having dry skin. This makes one think about the ways to keep the skin healty and normal.
Other causes of peeling skin include extreme weather conditions, skin rashes or infections, allergies, eczema, psoriasis, ringworm, dermatitis, a weak immune system, certain types of cancer, and side effects of certain medications and chemicals.
Skin being too oily or too dry will cause many problems. Choosing the medication which is available in the market might not be choice for these things as they can be easily treated at home. Some of the home remedies will give the expected result easily.
1. Olive Oil:
Naturally olive oil is used for cooking purposes at home. But apart from being in the kitchen, it can also be used for treating peeling skin.
- Applying olive oil to the peeled skin will help it to moisturize.
- Combination of lemon juice, rose water, olive oil, and egg yolk can be mixed together to make a paste and apply either as a face pack to avoid peeling skin on the face or in any part of the body.
Milk is very beneficial for dealing with peeling skin. It works as a natural skin moisturizer, the protein in milk has a soothing effect and the lactic acid will reduce irritation as well as itching.
- Soak a washcloth in ice-cold whole milk and wring out the excess milk. Put the washcloth on the affected area for 10 minutes. Then wash the skin with clean water. Repeat the process two or three times daily until your skin is healthy again.
- Mix two tablespoons of whole milk and one tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture on the affected skin and massage gently. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Do this twice daily for about one week.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is found to be one of the best used oil for many purposes. It’s not only used for cooking but is now used to enhance the beauty of a person.
- Extreme dry skin should be massaged with coconut oil. This can be to face or for the body.
- Applying on the face during night will reduce patchy skin and dry skin peeling problem.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing and moisturizing properties that help get rid of peeling skin. It also reduces inflammation, irritation and itching.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon is usually used during cooking which gives a sour taste to food. Using lemon will help to reduce peeling of skin.
- Lemon juice with sugar will help to heal peeling skin when used as a scrub.
- Lemon works as an easy moisturizer and hence and can be used to remove the dead cells and keep skin in healthy condition.
Usually found as a salad but cucumber is also famous as a beauty enhancer. With rich watery source, applying cucumber will bring better relief.
- Make a paste of cucumber and applying to the affected area will soothe the pain.
- They are easy to use and using it to place it on eye will also help in moisturizing the eyes.
7. Almond Oil
Both almond oil and leaves are very useful while dry skin and peeling are considered. So it is important to know about how to use them to get the right results.
- Applying almond oil to the affected area will give quick relief.
- Making a paste of almond leaf and applying it on the skin will reduce the pain and inflammation.
8. Oatmeal Bath
Oatmeal is very helpful in reducing the itching and irritation associated with peeling skin. Also, its soothing properties help the skin retain its natural moisture.
- Stir one cup of oatmeal into a bath tub filled with warm water.
- Soak in this soothing bath water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your body with clean water, and then pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer on your body.
- Follow this remedy daily before going to bed until you are satisfied with the result.