Keloid is usually a scar that has become elevated because of the abnormal growth of fibrous tissues. There are times when the slightest injuries can cause keloids to the dismay of people.
It is likely that the main reason why you are reading this right now is because you are also having some problems with keloids. You may have just one, or you may have a lot but you would like to make sure that you will get rid of the keloids using some treatments that are known to be effective.
Before you start searching for some surgical or non surgical treatments that may get rid of keloids like laser treatments or even injections, have you ever thought about the home remedies that you can use instead? If you are interested in finding out more then read on.
Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Keloid
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
No home remedy list will be complete without apple cider vinegar. It is known to be very effective in getting rid of keloids because it helps minimize the redness and even the size of the keloid.
- Apply a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar directly on the scar.
- Gently massage the area so that the apple cider vinegar can be absorbed fully by the scar.
- Allow the apple cider vinegar to dry up on its own.
- Once you are sure that it is dry, repeat the process.
- This can be done several times. Results can be seen after about a month of doing this process every day.
2.Aloe Vera Gel
While Aloe Vera is known to be a good home remedy for hair loss, people become shocked once they learn that Aloe Vera can also be effective in getting rid of keloids. Aloe Vera is revitalizing and can help the skin regenerate. This can also help scars heal faster so people will not have a problem with the possible appearance of keloids on the skin.
- Clean the area very carefully so that you can be sure that the area is free from dirt and bacteria.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on the scar so that it can make the healing become faster.
- Allow the gel to remain on top of the scar for hours. You have to make sure that you will reapply whenever necessary.
A lot of people are not aware that baking soda can also be very effective in getting rid of keloids. If you do not know the reason why, this is probably because it is quite abrasive and can help the skin so that it can be exfoliated.
- Mix baking soda with hydrogen peroxide.
- Place the paste on the area where the scar is. You can also place it directly on the keloid.
- Depending on the severity of the scar, this can be done several times a day.
Getting rid of keloids can actually be done very simply. What you need to do is to simply massage the area where the scar is forming. There are times when scars form because there is not enough blood circulation. When people get massages usually in the areas where the scar is, the dead skin cells can also be removed. This can prevent keloids from forming at certain areas of the skin.
- Use coconut oil for the massage.
- You may choose to massage the area yourself or you can ask a professional to do it for you depending on the location of the scar.
- Do this often. It will not only relax you but will also help the formation of keloid to be aborted.
The great thing about lemon juice is that it contains a lot of properties that can prevent the appearance of keloids. Lemon juice has vitamin C which the skin needs in order to stay healthy. Lemon also has antioxidant properties that can help prevent the appearance of keloisd. If keloids are already present, making use of lemon juice can try to change its overall appearance.
- Get the lemon juice from a whole lemon.
- Place the juice on the area where there is a scar.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process at least once every day for good results.
A lot of people know that honey tastes good and is very natural but honey can also be used as a natural treatment against keloids. This is because Honey has some properties that can help heal and moisturize the skin. This can of course lessen the appearance of keloids.
- Massage the area with honey.
- Do this about 2 – 3 times a day.
- This can be done in a span of a month or more depending on how you would like the results to be.
Whenever you think about aspirin, you probably think that this is something that you need in order to get rid of headaches or other problems with your body but aside from that, aspirin can also be used to help get rid of keloids. It can effectively reduce the size of the keloids when used diligently.
- Using three or four aspirin tablets, grind them to make aspirin powder.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to form a paste.
- Pat the area dry and apply some tea tree oil.
- Place the aspirin powder and allow it to dry on top of the keloid.
- Do this every day until you reach desired results.
A lot of people are not aware that there are really a lot of essential oils that can be good for the skin and body. Lavender oil is one of them. The main reason why it is very effective in getting rid of keloids is because it has skin regenerating properties. This means that it can reduce the size and the appearance of keloids when used over time.
- Place a few drops of lavender oil on top of the keloid.
- Massage gently on the keloid to allow the oil to be absorbed well.
- Do this for about 15 minutes.
- You can repeat this about thrice a day.
Sandalwood is known to have a lot of good properties that can be very good for the skin. It has toning agents that can cleanse the skin from the inside. Sandalwood mixed together with rose water can be very beneficial for those who are seeking treatments to get rid of their keloids.
- Get sandalwood powder and mix it with rose water to form a paste.
- Mix the powder and the rose water carefully and place it on the scar.
- Make sure that the powder and rose water will dry naturally on top of the scar.
- Reapply the paste whenever necessary.
- Do this every day for a few months or so.
You might want to avoid garlic if you are going to do the home remedies even when you have to go out in public because of its smell but if you are just going to stay at home, you may want to use garlic, you have to know that it can prevent fibroplast proliferation – one of the main reasons why keloids take place.
- Use garlic oil and place it on the scar.
- Leave the oil for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the area thoroughly.
With these top 10 home remedies to get rid of a keloid in mind, getting rid of keloid scars may be far easier now than before.